Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Just sit down, relax, and let the magic happen...

I've dreaded this time.

It was the one aspect of raising a child that I knew I would be bad at.

I knew I would have trouble with patience during this.

In case you haven't guessed or heard, we've started potty training Daven.

And truth be told, it's not going terrible. But we've also just started so we're not making a whole lot of headway because it's all pretty informal. Most of it revolves around every hour or so we ask if Dav want to use the potty. 9 times out of 10 he will agree to at least sit on it. It's then a crap shoot (no pun intended) as to whether anything happens.

But today we had a breakthrough. One of those moments that looking back as a parent you kind of shake your head and think "I really got THAT excited over this?" For the first time, Dav finally peed in the potty when it was just me around. I praised him to no end and gave him an extra fruit snack while we read our book at bedtime. It was another one of those things that just seemed so silly to react that way too, yet at the same time another memory that I'm sure to enjoy for many days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter