Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Genesis of a blog post...

I have been asked more and more questions since I've started blogging:

1) Jake, how is your grammar so amazing and articulate?

2) Jake, how do you come up with all of your clever ideas?

3) Jake, how can I hope to be like you one day?

4) Jake, why do you always smell so good?

The answers:

1) My wife is a grammatical stickler and she, like the rest of her family, will gladly and swiftly shoot down any grammatical error you make and then proceed to berate you incessantly until you are nothing more than a shell of your former self.

2) Take a walk in my shoes for a day or two. It's not that hard to come up with a topic.

3) That bar is too high. Aim lower.

4) Vanilla body spray.

In all seriousness, one of the things I have had people say to me since I've started blogging is that they do enjoy reading my posts and some have indeed questioned how I write the way I do. The secret? There is none. I typically will just get the urge to write about something, then think about it for a few minutes, and then I just sit down and type. And after I'm done, I will publish the first draft of it. Forget proofreading or editing or saving drafts and what not. All of my editing is done by me reading the post a few days later (I love laughing at my own jokes) and finding errors or having my adoring public point out glaring infractions.

So I really don't put a whole lot of effort into my posts. However, I'm glad most of you seem to enjoy them, and to be honest, I'm liking it more than I thought I would. I recently looked at the stats and I now have over 1,000 views of my page. I thought that was kind of cool. But you shouldn't be reading these next couple of days anyhow. The weather is gonna be in the lower 70's and everyone should be outside. But if you happen to sneak a peak, well, I'm OK with that.

Thanks for reading all!

1 comment:

  1. Vanilla body spray? Really? I wouldn't have pegged it as vanilla. Guess my olfactory senses need some fine tuning.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter