Saturday, January 8, 2011

An Open Letter to Baby #2...

My dear child-

I suppose I need to get cracking with this letter, what seeing as your Mom has contractions pretty much whenever she's not laying down these days. This means (hopefully) that you are on your way. We are excited to have you make your presence.

Do I feel weird having another kid? Yes. I'm not entirely used to the idea that we have your older brother running around. And when people ask if I have kids, answering in the positive still makes me smile. Nonetheless, I can't wait to meet you.

I'm gonna repeat what I told your older sibling, and that is I can't promise that I'll always be the good guy. From time to time I'm gonna tell you "no" and you're probably not gonna like it. You will be put on time out, you will have toys taken away, and you may even receive the silent treatment from time to time. However, what I can promise you is that no matter what you do, I will always support you. Whether you get into gymnastics, hockey, basketball, pool, swimming, creative writing, MMA, wrestling, baseball, interpretive dance, whatever it is I will say go for it. Remember though that this does not include illegal or unhealthy vices, in which case I'll just use the same line my Dad told me:

"If you ever do drugs, I'll kill you."

Simple words, and effective seeing as though I've never done drugs.

I'll do my best to provide for you a comfortable life, but I also believe in earning what you get. Therefore I will try and let you develop into your own person but know that I will help you out whenever you ask.

Each child is their own, and even though we've already done the whole pregnancy and welcoming to the world with your brother, this in no way has dulled our excitement for you! We can not wait to show you off to the world, change your diapers at 3 in the morning, and watch you grow up. Daven is even excited for you to show up, as evident by him talking to you at night while he is being put to bed. He also likes to feel you kick in Mama's belly.

You're entering into a stable home, where all 3 of us already love you. So whenever you're ready, we'll be here.


-Your Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter