Saturday, May 29, 2010

Congratulations to the class of 2010!!!

Our next door neighbor's son had his open house today for high school graduation. I remember mine 11 years ago (that means yours was 15 years ago Heather!) and remember thinking that it took forever to get to that point.

Then college flew by, I got married, landed a job, bought a house, had a son, and now here I am 11 years later. That time also flew on by.

It is amazing how quickly time goes by, and thanks to the events held next door today and the fact that it is Memorial Day weekend I take a moment to reflect on where I'm at. It is a very good point right now. Stable and happy.

But it does go by really fast. And like I've said countless times before, reminders are needed to slow down and take each moment in. Every second is the past.

2 comments:

  1. When we are young(er) we always think there is time, but when we get old(er) we are quickly reminded just how precious time is. We do not have as much as we once thought we did. I am happy that you are realizing this at your age, that time is so precious and to slow down some and enjoy all the blessing you have...child, family, job, etc. Good post Jakey!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter