Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Well that looks like Gout to me. And as a side note, did you know the force exerted by gravity on the space shuttle when traveling...

I hate any and all tests. I find many to be outdated, written by people from the "old school" and they encompass either out of date stuff, or things completely irrelevant to the field they are testing you for however it is included in the test because the writers of said test had to do it, and damn it, everyone else is too.

As you may have guessed, I have started preparing for the MCAT.

And the section I'm complaining about: Physics.

Organic Chemistry is a stretch for me. I can see at least why that's there. General Chemistry? Sure, another stretch but OK, there's merit to that as well. Verbal Reasoning makes sense cause Doctors do have to read and interperet literature. Point you MCAT.

But Physics? Will someone please explain to me the purpose of having that on there? When in the hell does a Doctor EVER use Physics? The only answer I can come up with is that it is a way for two Doctors on even ground as it relates to their field of knowledge to settle the score for who is smarter. Example:

"...and that Dr. Thomas is how you remove someone's gallbladder without making a single incision."

"Truly truly fascinating. As good as my procedure for curing COPD using Tic Tacs and Baker's chocolate. But did you know that if I were to take this weight, which has a tension of
{insert useless Physics jargon}..."

I shall complain about this aspect endlessly. You should all brace yourselves.

2 comments:

  1. The same kind of questions are presented to 5th graders to determine if they are smart enough to meet national standards. Standardized testing is complete crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous is Dan. I am still trying to master this commenting on blogging stuff.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter